RE: Vernier Adjuster

To: "'Martin Pearce'" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Vernier Adjuster
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:42:21 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Martin Pearce
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2004 11:26 PM
To: spitfires list
Subject: Vernier Adjuster

Guys

Whats one of the above?

Recently changed my distributor on my Mk1 and the manuals seem to refer
the above but give no indication of what it is or where it is?

Cheers

Martin
'63 Spit4

Martin,
That is the knob located behind the vacuum pot on the distributor.  It
is used to fine-tune the engine timing.  Initial setting should be mid
range.  Rough set the timing by moving the distributor and fine tune it
by twisting the vernier knob.  If your distributor does not have one, it
is not original to the car.  I will have one available in a few weeks
when I get finished with the EFI project on Huxley.

Joe