Re: Stuff to do in London?

To: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuff to do in London?
From: "Dr. John Faustus" <dr_faustus@pcisys.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:47:43 -0700
At 22:06 3/14/2004 -0600, Spitfire 1500 wrote:
>Next month, I'll finally be fulfulling a 10+ year goal and that is to fly
>out to London.
>
>Any car-related things i could/should do? Wouldn't mind getting a snapshot
>of a RHD Spitfire for fun.
>Is the Spitfire Graveyard open to customers? I'd love to take a tour if a
>train to Sheffield isn't too much $$$(er, pounds)
>Also, I wouldn't mind picking up a Spitfire scale model at a toy shop. If
>USA hobby shops have nothing but American hot rod cars, I'm hoping UK hobby
>shops have nothing but LBC models.
>
>That reminds me, gotta find the BMW MINI plant and take snapshots of where
>they take the cars out to test drive.
>
>Kids love the rich taste of web content!
>http://british.nerp.net

If you have the time head up to Gaydon and see the British Motor Industry
Heritage Trust museum.

When I was up there a few years back I took a train to Coventry and saw the
museum there, and took a bus down to Gaydon and saw that museum as
well.  It was a worthwhile excursion to my holiday in Devon.  I just used
public transport to get around and had no problems.  I also ended up
staying in the same hotel that Jaguar puts it's people up in.  After
spending the day poking around various British motor industry sites I
raised a few pints with some people currently working in the industry.

If you do go to Coventry make sure to raise a pint in the Flying 8 pub as
well.  I'd also recommend walking around the bombed out cathedral there as
well.

Andy