Ill fitting bonnet

To: "SpitfireMailList" <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Ill fitting bonnet
From: "Ed Hamilton" <h_edward@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 16:01:32 -0500
Im looking for some suggestions regarding the fit of the bonnet.  First, it
is a 1972 Gt6 chassis and bonnet.  It is being married to a 1979 spitfire
tub.  I just do not have enough rearward adjustment to make the seams
correct.  At the pivot mounting bracket, I have it as far rearward as
possible.  At the center of the bonnets rear leading edge, there remains a
gap of approximately >.

Its been a couple of years since the bonnet was removed  were/are there
spacers between the pivot mounting bracket and chassis bracket?  This would
allow for more rearward movement?

Thanks a lot,

Ed Hamilton