Vertical Links & Trunnions

To: "'Spitlist'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vertical Links & Trunnions
From: "Martin Pearce" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 20:36:42 -0000
Guys

How do you know if the above need replacing?  Is it something that the home
mechanic can do?

I know the trunnion is a serviceable item but I have also been advised the
change the vertical links.  I'm not sure if they need doing.

Havent noticed any play in the items.  They are well greased.  The reason
for the advice given is that the car has been unused for 13 years, until I
put her on the road last year.  Service history is unknown so I dont know if
they are originals or have been replaced over the life of the car.

Cheers

Martin
'63 Spit4