Re: Mk IV Bonnet Pivot Bushing

To: David Robertson <david@robertson.org.nz>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mk IV Bonnet Pivot Bushing
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:45:58 -0400
It's hard to imagine how the bushings could actually wear anywhere
near 1/2".  You may actually have a broken or loose fitting somewhere behind
the black overriders on the bumper, or there may be a problem with that
pipe stuff on the bonnet itself that the hinge is attached to.

In any case, you might be able to adjust the vertical position
of the hinge so that the bonnet is actually resting on those rubber
seals and there is little vertical slop in the hinge.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit