Spitfire gas vapor line

To: Spitfires <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire gas vapor line
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:38:08 -0500
Hi,

I just got some engine valences put on my 80 Spitfire.  I had a metal
shop in town cut them to the paterns I had.  The total cost was only
$25.00 for both sides!  Anyway, I haven't had any on for a long, long
time.

My problem is, I can't figure out where the gas vapor line that runs up
to the charcoal canisters should attach.  The line has one metal clip
around it.  I am not sure if there should be more.  If there is just one
does it fasten with the same screw as the front of the valance?
Obviously, I could fasten it down anywhere I want, but I would like to
do it where it was originally.

Thank you for your help.

Roger Elliott