Daffy For Sale

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Daffy For Sale
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:46:01 +0100
Well, I've come to a decision. Sort of. Basically, I haven't got the money
to resuscitate Daffy (via replacement tub, Hurricane body or whatever) any
time soon - and I'm probably talking the next couple of years here. Also,
the garage space is needed while my beautiful workshop is re-built into the
business my wife is starting up (daycare nursery) - if Daffy was running I
would have found her alternative accomadation during the building work, but
that's harder to justify the cost of for a car that doesn't work. And if, in
a couple of years or more, I do have the money to spend on a 'toy' car, it'd
make more sense to buy another Spit, or a different car completely (Stag?),
than to re-build Daffy.

So, she's on Ebay - see:

<http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432913424&category=29
750>
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2432913424&category=297
50

At the moment she's advertised in the Kit Car section, since I think she'd
make a good donor - plus I'd like to think that she was still around, in
some form or another, rather than just butchered for parts. Silly and
emotional, I know! I've put a reasonable reserve on her, as I'd rather keep
her than sell her for peanuts. If she doesn't meet reserve, I may have
another go, this time putting her in Classic Car Parts.

I always knew that, if I used a Spit as a daily driver, she wouldn't last
indefinitely, but it is still difficult to come to this decision.

Richard & Daffy (off to find a new home??)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.