RE: Which Welder to Get?

To: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Which Welder to Get?
From: "Daniel Parrott" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:56:39 -0400
Whoops!  Forgot the url:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/parrotthead01/my_new_double_spit.htm

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga

-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Daniel Parrott
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 9:44 AM
To: Terry Thompson; spitfires@autox.team.net

I also saw a MGB that was cut at the B pillar at a Charleston British Car
Show.  Looked cool, but there was a big flat plate on the front of the
trailer that I thought could be improved upon.  I'm thinking of going one
step further and adding the front end of a bonnet nose, from the wheel-well
forward to the rear of the car from the rear wheel back.  Aerodynamic!

I'm also thinking of dropping the diff and letting the half axels turn on
their own.  I may have to weld a shaft between the rear trunions to keep the
bottom of the wheels from going their own way.

Here is a web page where I'm posting my ideas for a Spitfire Trailer.  Let
me know what you all think.  After all, Click and Clack say that "every new
project is an excuse to buy some more tools!"

TIA

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Ga