Re: Tonneau cover problem

To: "DASHWOOD, Dean, FM" <Dean.Dashwood@rbos.com>
Subject: Re: Tonneau cover problem
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:58:34 -0400
It's a GROMMET!  You can get replacements and the tools to install them at
a good hardware store or fabric shop.  For replacing just a few, I would
check with an upholstery shop or a shop that does car tops.  Or
if there is a sailmaker in your area, that would be ideal.  Or if you
happen to know a parachute rigger, I bet they could do a real good job.

BTW, the original grommets were of rather poor quality.  Mine have
sharp metal edges on the bottom, and they scratch the paint
of demister vents.  A properly-installed grommet should have
a smooth flared edge with no cracks.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit