Las Vegas Classic Car Graveyard

To: "Spitfires Mail List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Las Vegas Classic Car Graveyard
From: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@lvcm.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 21:05:58 -0700
I pass a row of wrecking yards on my way to and from work everyday.  The
cars I see from the road always catch my eye and one yard seems to always
have older cars that are interesting rather the motley collection of Geos,
Kias, and Fieros at the other yards.  In particular, there was a '61 T-Bird
convertible that looked restorable, a Hudson, and a few others.  My
mother-in-law is looking for a '49 Mercury to restore and I had to pass that
way today, so decided to stop.  It turns out that the owner locates
collectible cars that are restorable and turns them for a profit.  He gave
me a tour of his yard.

Obligatory LBC content follows:  Inside I found two spitfires:  Both looked
solid, one was a Mk II, the other was a Mk III and came with overdrive and
knock-on wire wheels.  Both looked whole, much better than the one I now
have was when I started.  He wants $700 each for them.  Additionally, there
was a Jenson Healey with the optional hard top, an early Midget and a 50s
Jaguar saloon that was pretty beat up.  At worst, they'd all make good parts
cars and except for the Jag, I suspect they could all be brought back to
life without too much effort and a paint job.

Beyond LBCs, he also had a rare Muntz Jet with a flat head Lincoln V8, a
late 50s Packard (pre Studebaker merger), a 49 Ford sedan, a 58 Ford
convertible, the remains of a Lincoln Continental Mk II, a mid-sixties
Cadillac convertible...  The list just kind of goes on from there.

Oh, if your wondering, he'd sold a '49 Merc last week....  But says that he
finds them every once in a while and will call me when he finds another one.

Chris

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]