Re: What are bearings? Non-sequitor

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <terry@firespitter.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What are bearings? Non-sequitor
From: "Bob Harris" <gharris@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 21:40:15 -0500
Terry,
          As I understand it, some time ago, other countries(not UK) were
trying to get US bearing business(Roller,I think) And they were selling
bearings in the US cheaper than the cost of producing them. U.S. bearing
mfg's protested,and OUR gov't came up with laws dealing with importing
bearings.There are procedures to import bearings,( Rimmers sometimes sends
the proper paperwork with shipments containing bearings,once customs had to
contact rimmers to get the paperwork)  seems like there should be a better
way.
                                               Bob Harris