Re: Spit Engine Installation

To: "Spitfire Pat" <spitfirepat@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Engine Installation
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 07:37:38 -0400
yep.... the Spitfire towers are the only ones different
from the GT6/Herald/Vintesse.  The Spit tower motor
mount 'ears' on the towers are shorter (and lower) and therefore
father apart 'between' towers. So your motor at best will sit much lower.
There are also small metal blocks (1/2") between the ear of the motor
mount (mount bolts pass through the tower, through the spacer and into the
mount ears of the motor mount) and the tower on the GT6 installation.
In other words the motor mounts from the engine, sit 1/2" forward of the
towers.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com