Early Spitfire Sheet Metal Engine Shrouds - Installation on a

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Spitfire Sheet Metal Engine Shrouds - Installation on a
From: sinclair@degenkolb.com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:11:53 -0700
I went to install the sheet metal engine shrouds (possibly not the right
terminology here) from my MK1 on my MK3 since the cardboard ones were long
gone.
Unless I missed something (or lost something) there is no way that these
things are going to fit.
Has anyone else tried this?
Perhaps the mounting system is different, although it looked pretty
familiar to me.
Does someone have some photos online somewhere of the MK1 shroud
installation?
Thanks
Mark Sinclair