windshield wipers

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: windshield wipers
From: Gary Leroux <geevee@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:43:59 -0700
After three years of restoring I'm just adding the finishing touches and I'll
be on the road!  I have just purchased some 11 inch wiper blades for my mark 3
and the blades don't seem to follow the contour of the windshield.  The
passenger side in particular the blade goes straight instead of following the
window curve.  Do I need special blades or are the wiper arms shot?  I have a
two speed wiper motor and another problem is the wipers are very weak, in high
speed they can't even make it all the way across the windshield without getting
stuck.  This car has not been on the road since 1990
and the wiper motor was was rusted and siezed, I took it apart cleaned it and
it seemed ok but I guess the lack of power indicates the motor is bad.  Any
comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.......I want to be driving
in the next week or so!
                                            thanks, Gary.