Re: Crash Photos

To: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Crash Photos
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:26:08 -0700
I find it ironic (and somewhat amusing) how the U.S. required ever stricter
safety standards for these cars during their manufacture, but does nothing to
check the current structural and mechanical integrity of the car, the way
England does with their MOT testing.  Here in the states, we just call it
"natural selection".

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net

  Larry,
      As far as I am aware (I have been wrong before and doubtless will be
again!) the boot outriggers were never fitted to cars for the home market.
They were fitted to comply with US legislation.
      Cheers,
          Bill.