Re: Spit/TR7 catalogue (was: Progress!)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit/TR7 catalogue (was: Progress!)
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:29:27 -0400
A lot of miscellaneous stuff crosses over between the two.  At least
that's what I discovered when I got a TR7/8 catalog from Vicky Brit.
Not just things like the 4 speeds (same box), but lots of strange piddly
stuff as well.  Stuff that should be in a Spitfire catalog is not.  For
example, they both take the same speedo cable end gear.  But the
Spitfire catalog only lists the one gear, the TR-7/8 catalog lists
something like 5 different gears.

>>> Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com> 04/22/03 09:20AM

Bizarre that Moss should lump the Spit in with the TR7 in the same
catalogue
- about the only things they have in common was that they were both
built by
Triumph in the late '70s!