Standard-Triumph Centenary Run - May 23, 2003

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Standard-Triumph Centenary Run - May 23, 2003
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:58:05 +0100
Dear All,

It would appear that John forgot to circulate the Triumph_Herald and
Spitfires lists with this message, so here it is.   I do hope more cars
can come - it would be lovely to have a car for every year since
Standard-Triumph began.   My booking is already in. :-)

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, at around 10:24:54 local time, jonmac
<jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> wrote:
>The Standard Motor Company Centenary Run on Friday 23 May using the company's
>former 'Test Hills' route in the Cotswolds is building up an interesting entry
>base.
>There's still plenty of room for more cars.
>To date, we have the following taking part - 1935 Standard Ten coming from
>Germany, 1954 Ten, 1959 Pennant, 1600 Vitesse saloon, 2.5PI, Herald 1200
>Convertible, Stag, Doretti, TR3A, Spitfire 1500, TR6PI, TR8 - two visitors
>from Alaska and Ray Henderson (ex ST Competitions Department) as Guest of
>Honour travelling with the Course Marshall.
>Yes, I know it's taking place on a Friday - but this is hardly a convincing
>field for such a popular marque.
>All UK Standard-Triumph Forum clubs have been notified of this event for their
>magazines and hopefully we'll have some more entries.
>Entry fee is GBP20 per car, start and finish is The Charlecote Pheasant near
>Stratford upon Avon and there's an optional Carvery Supper after the event
>(pay the hotel).
>Come on guys - we need a larger field! Lots more Standards, Big Sixes and
>Dollys are needed to swell numbers, please. Contact me off-list for an
>emailiable entry form or call UK 01608 662970
>
>John Macartney
>Run Organiser

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671