Re: Radiator hose problem

To: "Terry L. Thompson" <terry@firespitter.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiator hose problem
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:28:17 -0800
If you go to a NAPA store, tell them you want to look through the
illustrated catalog for NBH (Napa Belts and Hose).  There is a section in
the back past the applications that lists every single hose made and sold
by NAPA with pictures and diameter sizes as well as major lengths.  I've
done a lot of non OE applications for customers in the past where they told
me they wanted a hose that was this or that size at each end and bent in a
particular spot.

I suggest using a piece of wire (coat hanger or similar) to test bend a
guide for your installation and then take that in to the store for a match.

Don't worry too much if the hose doesn't twist exactly the way you want it
to- you can always cheat by cutting it in a straight section, putting in a
double ended hose nipple (plastic or metal are available) and splice it
back together with clamps.  This way you can rotate each part independantly
for a perfect fit.

-Vegaman Dan