Re: engine mounts?

To: "Dave Mayer" <Mayer49@netscape.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine mounts?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:12:41 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Mayer <Mayer49@netscape.net>

> Here is my question: Should i fasten the engine mounts to the engine and then
>drop it in?  or should i attatch the mounts to the frame first and then drop
>the engine onto the mounts?

There's not much in it - attaching them to the chassis means you don't have to
worry about getting them vertically past the flanges on the suspension tower as
you lower the engine, but that's not really a big deal. Whichever way you
choose, leave the mountings slack until everything is located then tighten them
all together. Ther is play in every plane with these mountings,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics