Battery problem

To: "Spit Elist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery problem
From: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:35:51 -0800
An interesting problem with my 'hybrid' 1972 MK IV which is just about ready
to go back on the road.  I'm using a bonnet from a '79. The new bonnet has
additional cross-bracing up around the outside corners. One brace falls
ever-so-nicely right on the battery positive terminal. Not a good thing ! I
turned the battery 180 degrees, same problem, different part of the brace. I
guess I could remove the brace, the original '72 bonnet didn't have it. But,
a question, what kind of battery came with the '79's and didn't have this
problem ? Side-terminal ? Or am I just missing something ?

TIA ... Ken C