Re: brass core plugs & brass monkeys

To: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Subject: Re: brass core plugs & brass monkeys
From: "griffco" <griffco@griffco.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:28:09 -0700
Interesting conversation!  I had always heard that the opposite was true -
ie that the brass 'monkey' contracted more during the extreme cold, while
the iron balls did not.  Therefore the brass tray (monkey) shrank to the
point of being too small to contain the balls, allowing them to fall off ?!

Cheers, Fred