Re: brass core plugs

To: William Davies <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: brass core plugs
From: Eric Taylor <5067375@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:17:48 -0500
Bill, I'm surprised a fellow Brit would not know which expands more, Iron or
Brass.  Have you never heard of the expression "cold enough to freeze the balls
off a brass monkey".
This has nothing to do with a primate's private parts, but goes back to the
times of Nelson when the cannon balls were carried around the ship on a brass
"Monkey". If it was as cold as
it's been here in Ontario for the last three months, the iron balls shrank more
than the brass, and fell off the monkey! So that solves your question - or does
it? ;-)
Cheers
Eric (desperately waiting for spring)