Re: Clutch noise

To: HigginsTJ@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch noise
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:06:20 -0500
Do you mean that the throwout bearing had scored the spring fingers that it
presses
against to release the clutch?  I once had to replace the housing because of
that; it
made the clutch get all grabby and erratic.   Normally, I believe that the
bearing always
presses lightly against the fingers; I'mm not sure what is supposed to
keep them from getting all scored...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit