Mark II Dash/Interior Panel Templates

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mark II Dash/Interior Panel Templates
From: "Geoff Heyland" <gheyland@odyssey.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 09:15:43 -0600
Two questions for my fellow listers:

(1)    How do you remove the knob from the dash mounted manual windshield
washer pump on a Mark II?  Most of the dash knobs have little depressable
buttons hidden somewhere that, once pushed, allow you to just pull off the
knob.  On my little original manual windshield washer pump (its an enclosed
bellows type of sprayer - push the knob and a spray of fluid comes out) I can
see no button anywhere, and for the life of me, cannot figure out how to get
this little sucker off!

(2)    In a web surfing moment some time ago I KNOW I came across a site that
had templates for all the hardboard panel templates for the Spitfire - trunk
panels, engine panels and especially the "gloveboxes".  Unfortunately, I
failed to mark it as a favourite, and I cannot find it now.  Have any of you
seen templates for these panels anywhere?

As for progress on my "project" car, I finally decided that I cannot do the
ground up rebuild this year, so my goal has changed to getting it on the road
and driveable by June - as it hasn't moved since 1985, that's a bit of a tall
order, but no body work is required, so it's doable.  I've completely rebuilt
the wiring harness and cleaned up, primed and painted everything on the
firewall with rust preservative, to avoid any further surface rust until I
totally strip it in another few years.  It's amazing how much a bench grinder
with a buffing wheel can do to brighten up tarnished metal parts!

Geoff Heyland
London, Ontario
67 Mark II
65 Mark II