Mark II Hi Beam Foot Switch

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mark II Hi Beam Foot Switch
From: "Geoff Heyland" <gheyland@odyssey.on.ca>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:07:56 -0600
I'm trying to clean up the wiring for my 67 Mk II, and I can't reconcile the
column mounted headlight switch and the foot mounted high beam switch with the
wiring diagram in the Haynes manual.  Specifically, I can't see any foot
switch in the wiring diagram, but I sure have one in my car.  Is the foot
mounted switch unusual, or is the Haynes diagram messed up?  In addition, in a
previous wiring renovation the wires leading up the steering column are
composed of splices of multi-coloured wires of all shapes and sizes - probably
a result of trying to fit negative ground equipment into a positive ground car
years ago (my brothers work - not mine!) which fried a lot of wiring.

Does anyone know of an accurate wiring diagram for a Mark II?  Do other Mark
II's have the foot mounted high beam switch?  I have a lot of accurate
coloured wire from another Triumph enthusiast, and I want to rewire it
accurately, but boy, am I confused at this point!

Geoff Heyland
London, Ontario
65 Mark II
67 Mark II