Re: Window Alignment

To: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>,
Subject: Re: Window Alignment
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:39:42 -0800
Craig,

If you have a M3 or older Spitfire, the kind with the removeable windscreen
frame, you may get lucky.  The tubes that hold the windscreen posts inside the
car are adjustable via 2 bolts on each side.  Try removing the four bolts (2 +
2) on the OUTSIDE (above the A post) first, then loosen the four (2 + 2)
INSIDE bolts that secure the post tubes to the inside of the A posts.
Reposition your windscreen with the help of a friend, check the door window
alignment and re-tighten.

Please note:  I have never tried this before to correct a misalignment
problem, so I'm not certain if this will work.  But it seems like it should.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net