One of the nice things about an early Triumph...

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: One of the nice things about an early Triumph...
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 20:32:24 +0000
Dear All,

This year there has been one notable piece of Christmas cheer in amongst
the usual plethora of family crises (I'm not joking about the latter,
BTW - as an example: my sister and brother-in-law crashed and rolled
their Range Rover yesterday, and b-i-l is now in intensive care with
smashed ribs and collar-bone and a punctured lung.   Unfortunately, this
sort of thing is traditional in our family during the "festive" season.
Looking on the bright side, we haven't had a fatality since 1994.).

On Friday, I went to one of my rented garages to look for a Spitfire
part for a friend in the US.   When I left, there was a policeman
directing traffic past an accident, just in front of the exit from the
garages.

        (Policeman, firmly) "Excuse me, sir.   Seatbelt."

        (Me, smugly) "It's pre-'65, officer; it doesn't
        have any, and doesn't need any."

        (Policeman, embarrassed) "Oh, well, er, yes, OK,
        fine.   I'll see you out then, shall I, sir?"

        PRICELESS!

I had Charles (aged 6) in the car at the time, and we laughed and
laughed and laughed - as soon as we had left the policeman safely behind
us, that is...

With best wishes to all for a Michelotti Christmas, and a Herald New
Year,
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671