Re: Clutch salve cylinder help

To: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch salve cylinder help
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:58:00 -0500
If the metal cap is stuck, you can pry up the inner edge just enough
to free the rubber diaphgram that goes across the
opening.  Then there will be enough clearance for the piston to come out.

Try applying compressed air to the input  (bicycle pump?) to
force the piston out.  But avoid creating a cannon :-)

When reassembling, you can slip the edge of the new diaphgram
under the edge of the end cap, and then press it down to
hold the diaphgram in place.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit