Re: Clutch salve cylinder help - partially rebuilt, thanks for

To: "'Triumphs'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Clutch salve cylinder help - partially rebuilt, thanks for
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 17:44:36 -0500
Got 'em both out and partially rebuilt, thanks for the help. I did get it
out with the cap on, with a few "slight" raps from a soft block of wood and
it slide most of the way out.

As an FYI Moss has their part numbers for the Spit slave rebuild kits
reversed, I have an 80 and asked for the 77-80 kit, 583-150 and the piston
seal was WAY too small in diameter and width. I called Moss and a Sales guy
measured the seal from the xxx-140 kit and that was the correct size. So I
believe 140 is for 77-80, and 150 is for 71-77. I'd still measure the
diameter of the piston though to be sure before ordering, the size
difference is dramatic.

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green
80 Spitfire Carmine Red (awaiting correct slave kit, with new easy access
door on trans tunnel!)