Back on the road

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Back on the road
From: Ken Strayhorn <ken@dukecomm.duke.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:58:28 -0500
After a two-year hiatus, my '72 Spitfire is back
on the road.  My biggest thanks goes to Dave Crane
of Dave's Place in Henderson, NC, who took a basket
case (literally) engine and put it all back together
after my first choice of rebuilders encountered
serious health problems after starting.

What I need now is a _quiet_ electronic fuel
pump.  My old Stewart-Warner pump has given up
the ghost and I'm currently using a cheapo I
got from Advance Auto, but it's pretty loud.

Is Stewart Warner still in business?  Can't seem
to find their products in any of the usual supply
houses.  I do note that Holley makes a quiet pump,
but at $149 that's a bit more than I want to pay and
that unit seems geared toward racers, anyway.

Any one have any suggestions and suppliers for
decent pumps at reasonable prices?  I'd appreicate
any and all info.

Thanks, it's great to be back on the road.

Ken Strayhorn
Hillsborough NC