RE: 1500 motor swapability

To: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1500 motor swapability
From: "Jon" <triumph@bigolbear.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:28:42 -0500
Larry,
Funny you should bring up that particular combo- when the original '77
engine threw the #3 rod back in '88 I ended up with a 1500 engine from a '73
Midget. Kept the head from the '77 so it would have the correct air rail
ports and the unleaded valve seats. Just had it surfaced on the advice of
the shop that I bought the '73 engine from in case of warpage or difference
in the mating surfaces between engines that had run in. No problems at all
in my case, although you're going in the opposite direction from mine. The
'77 head will have the air ports to be plugged if you don't have the later
smog setup.

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104