Re: stuck sump nut - oh yeah..

To: j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stuck sump nut - oh yeah..
From: JohnZissler@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:26:08 EST
If it is rounded then be very careful trying to undo it, it is round for a
good reason, it is nigh impossible to remove as you have found out. I would
suggest that you take it to a garage for an oil change, just that nothing
more, then leave it for the garage to undo that nut. A small rice to pay for
piece of mind.I had a similar nut problem and it cost me another sump.
You can also soak it in WD40 for a good 3 or 4 hours, and use a pair of
molegrips (monkey wrench ?) and gradually work it loose that way. The drill
and rod is a good idea though maybe that woulsd work better than the
grips.........have fun

Happy Spitting...................John (in the United Kingdom)
Spit Mk II (1966) in bits..or as some would say (in restoration)
Spit Mk III donor car     ( I am nearly a collector)
Mk IV chassis with all running gear.......(I AM a collector)
Outgoing mail is Virus Free.