Re: Big ends? Knocking noise from engine...

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Big ends? Knocking noise from engine...
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 04:00:31 -0700 (PDT)
This sounds like exactly the same problem that my old engine had which
prompted me to replace it.  That said I didn't do much investigation as
to what the problem was because it was cheaper to put a new engine in.

When I pulled the head on the old engine recently I noticed that one of
the bolts from the rocker shaft had come off and the rocker shaft was
bent upwards.  Also a 90degree section from one of the rocker pedestals
had come off and was floating round up there with the rockers.  This may
have been the cause of the problems, but I couldn't say for sure.

Good luck anyhow,
John

http://sbc.yahoo.com