parts suppliers ( was RE: on the road again....)

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: parts suppliers ( was RE: on the road again....)
From: <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 06:27:07 -0700
George, I tend to use (in this order) Spitbits, BP Northwest, Moss and
ultimately Rimmers in the UK if I am really stuck. I trade off tax (Idaho 5%)
at a local Moss distributer vs shipping especially for small parts that they
can get in their bulk Moss order and I can wait a week.
I used to used Harold's TRMG parts but he moved about the same I did and I used
to pick up at his place going to/from the airport, so convenient and no
shipping & no tax (in Oregon).
Never used TRF due to hearing about their back order status on too many parts
from various folks.
Rimmers can take some time due to the postal carriere they tend to use for
normal delivery and usually I only get parts that I can't get here or when it's
something on special and there's free shipping.
Which reminds me, I do need to get some bits......

Alan ( '76 Spitfire)