Mk3 dash made from MK4 and later -

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Mk3 dash made from MK4 and later -
From: "bschwart@postoffice.pacbell.net"
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:37:41 -0400
Lacking a good MK3 Spitfire dash (and since they are as rare as hens teeth
I had wondered if a MK4 or later one could be made to fit), well it can  I
just did so on my MK3.  All one has to do is cut away (using the bend line
as a mark) the portion of the dash that is bent for the deeper section on
later Spitfires.  I used my band saw to remove the section, foam and all.
This is of course assuming that you are planning to cover the assembly with
a Coverlay or other such covering.  Otherwise it wouldnt look so hot.
Then slightly grind away three reliefs for the bolts securing the
windscreen frame, recover and viola!  Looks just like the original, and you
can only tell it wasnt if the dash is removed  works like a charm
Certianly better than no dash at all!