Re: (no subject)

To: <Jdgar0649@aol.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 14:29:42 -0400
Hi Joe,
we did this job not too long ago. I wanted to drain the old 35 year old oil
out of the diff. As it turned out, there wasn't much oil left in the diff,
I'm glad we did this job.
The place we drilled a hole into was on the flat area on the bottom of the
diff. It looked obvious to us to use this spot and it's been a good choice
in our case.
We drilled a pilot hole {1/8  inch exploratory hole} and inserted a wire to
check if we were hitting any parts on the inside. After determining that
there was plenty of space, we then enlarge the hole and tapped a thread into
that would take a 3/8 inch bolt. We flashed the diff out with engine oil and
drained it. We also manufactures a bolt, by welding on a washer, so we can
use a gasket to seal it. This worked for us so far.
Cheers
Liv