It's the head gasket!

To: Spitfire Enthusiast <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: It's the head gasket!
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 07:31:17 -0700 (PDT)
I just pulled the head and it is the head gasket that had gone, in quite
a major way!  Take a look here:

http://www.geocities.com/goalie_john/head_gasket/headgasket.html

It was petrol on the spark plugs and not oil as I first thought.

I think I will first see if I can get the supplier to send me a new
gasket free of charge, I will also get new studs, nuts and washers.

I'll also try and find a flat surface to test if the head is warped, and
if so get it skimmed.

cheers everyone for all your help, it all seems like a bit of a storm in
a teacup now considering it's something so minor, but at the time I
thought it was something very major that had gone wrong, glad I've been
proved wrong.

cheers
John
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs