Re: Trial Run

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trial Run
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 20:40:42 -0400
At 03:52 PM 8/17/02 -0700, Philip Warburton wrote:

>All looks good and feels good ....
>
>...but...
>
>I notice that brake light is on now all the time. I'm thinking that it is
>the PDWA unit and the fact that since the MC failed, it may have gone off
>it's normal setting.
>
>How do you make sure the shuttle inside is centralised?

Phillip,

  Sort-of.  You will have to crack a bleeder, with the ign switch on (so the
light is light) and slowly press the pedal.  If it goes to the floor and
the light doesn't go out.  Then you'll have to go to the other side and
bleed there.  You really aren't bleed the brakes, just reducing the pressure
on one side of the PWDA so that the shuttle inside is centered.

As your helper presses on the brake, have him watch the light.  As soon as
it goes out he should stop pressing (but don't let up on the pedal), have
him yell, so you can close the bleeder.

John

        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan