guages not working!

To: Spitfire Enthusiast <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: guages not working!
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:48:03 -0700 (PDT)
very odd, earlier the petrol and temperature guages were working.  I just
went out for another spin and the guages are now not working.  At first
they were reading about 1/2 the correct value and in the space of 5
minutes they weren't registering at all.  I think this was also happening
before I took the car off the road a few months ago.

Is this most likely the voltage stabiliser?  Possibly just a loose
connection or should I get a new one?  Or is it likely a different
problem?

Oh yeah, and the speedo doesn't work, but that didn't work at all today
anyway so I reckon that's a separate issue, probably just the thingy
fallen down the cable on the back of guage.

cheers
John
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com