Re: Mourning . . .Silver lining!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mourning . . .Silver lining!
From: BrYarboro@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:34:02 EDT
Hi folks!
    You may remember that my Mk.3 was totaled on July 16, and, as would be
expected, I was mightily bummed out. Well, every cloud does have a silver
lining. I got lots of $ from his ins. co. And I found a '76 TR-6 on E-bay
being sold just a few miles from my house. It has a baseball sized rust out
in the right rear fender :(, but the motor seems strong, it has overdrive and
I could afford it.
    The first car I ever owned was a '71 TR-6, and I've always wanted another
one, so even though this one needs work, I think it'll be worth it. I was
split about whether to get another Spit or not, but I've got my son's '70 to
restore and drive, and this way he'll get all the new and reworked
suspension, drivetrain and other parts I put into my '67.
    One question for all of you experts out there. What resources for TR-6's
are out there? Is there a list like this one? Is there a TR-6 source as
reliable as Nigel @ Spitbits? Any advice?
TIA
Brian Yarborough