Re: MOT Results & New Boots... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>,
Subject: Re: MOT Results & New Boots... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 01:30:15 -0700 (PDT)
Whilst I would go for the cheaper tyres I would avoid unbranded tyres.
When I replaced the rears on my 1500 last I got pirelli P1000s which were
the cheapest branded tyres on offer (about 40 quid each if my memory
serves...)

I have found that unbranded tyres tend to go flatter quite quickly once
they are a year or so old, I have found this with pretty much any
un-branded tyre on any car and the branded tyres almost always keep their
pressure really well.

I know that this is not a major problem, but is probably indicative of
the quality of the tyre in general, how hard can it be to produce a
non-leaky tyre?

Just my 2p...

cheers
John