Re: Female LBC owners, was: RE: Hello from a new list member!

To: cedwards@cox.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Female LBC owners, was: RE: Hello from a new list member!
From: "Kristi Richardson" <lytabyron@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:19:36 -0700
Chrissy,

Welcome to the list! We do have many women on this list. Some, like Liv who
have regaled us with a crash course on body and paint work, some that race
their cars and most, just like all the men, are just super fans of their
LBC.

One of the women, Laura G., is at this moment involved in the Great Race of
classic cars from Texas to California. She is navigating and dreaming
someday of getting a sponser so that she can enter as a driver.  Her team
seems to be doing quite well according to the website and a 1957 TR3 is in
the top 5. Below is a pic of Laura in her element!

http://www.greatrace.com/gar02/picts/Stage2/219.htm

Even though I come from racing stock, (my grandmother's first cousin was
Barney Oldfield), I don't even drive our Spitfire. Can't drive a stick, but
I do enjoy riding and working on them. I have helped bleed the brakes,
replace the carpeting and a myriad of other repairs and upgrades. My
favorite job so far was replacing the horns to louder models in tandem with
Brad.

I suppose it's the way things are that you may "shock" some people's
sensibilities on your choice of vehicle and interest in doing your own work
on them. Just don't give up and keep rattling a few cages now and then.

Remember this, in times of trouble when you are stopped along the road with
a finicky Spitfire, you should have no trouble at all with drivers pulling
over to lend a hand. There is something about the car that draws them to
take a peek and a woman behind the wheel will clinch it!

Best wishes,
Kristi