Re: Why We bought our Spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why We bought our Spitfire
From: MKCASPIAN1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:46:59 EDT
In 1965, the family across the street owned a white one.  I had a 57 Chevy.
35 years later, a student of mine (I teach 5th grade) told me her father had
11 of them.  Come to find out, 2 were alive and in my town and 9 were dead
and under covers in a field in New Hampshire.  Upon contacting the dad, I was
told I could get a running one for about $1000.  They daughter told me about
the color of the 2 live ones - "black and rusty".  We looked into 57 chevy's
- live ones started at $15,000.  We persued several living Spitfires and
finally found a restored white 1500 with 47,000 miles - for 1/5 the price of
the Chevys.  My daughter says its hard to fall in love with family vans and
station wagons, but we finally fell in love with another car, the 78 Spitfire.
John Flynn
78 Spitfire