Re: Spitfire-won't

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire-won't
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 06:30:16 -0400
I had this same problem with mine. I took it to a reliable rebuilder and had
it fixed. Within a month the intermittent problem was back. I took it back
in to be looked at again. The starter checked out as good so he took it
apart to visually check it out. He found a copper to aluminum connection had
come apart inside the starter. He had never run into this problem before and
said that he would fix this connection on all other starters that came in.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg VA.
67 Spit Mk II