MOT failure

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: MOT failure
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 07:53:26 -0700 (PDT)
I just had my car MOTed and she failed :-(

This time it was both the sills that have started rusting from the back,
I was expecting this as I had noticed they were looking quite flakey.
The garage has quoted me #80 to put repair panels at the back and MIG
weld them in, but that there would be a slight bumb where the repair
panel had gone on.  They reckon that about a foot of metal would have to
be ground off and the price does not include painting.  This sounds like
a good price but they did say that it would be better for me to get
complete sills, and get a body shop to replace the whole lot, but this
would obviously cost a lot more.  The front of the sills look to be in
good condition.

Could anyone give me some advice as to what I should do, I have little
experience in bodywork things.

cheers
John
http://www.spit1500.co.uk/