Temperature guage

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temperature guage
From: John Cave <cavej@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:49:03 -0400
Good Morning All
                           I refinished the dash over the winter ,
plugged everything back in, everything except the temp gauge is working
as it should , when i turn on the ignition the T.G. needle goes up and
pins itself , reverse the leads same result , tried a different gauge
same result , the voltage regulator connectors on the speedometer
housing are physically different so i don't think i have them mixed up ,
and the gas gauge appears to be working , any suggestions gratefully
received as tension is mounting , broke the back of the drivers seat
while in a simulated yoga position , necessary to get at some of the
wiring , and we are starting a holiday week end with a high of 11c and
then its going to get cold , ugh !!

  Thanks John Cave