Scare of a lifetime

To: "Spitfire list" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Scare of a lifetime
From: "Tod Jones" <todjones@rica.net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 07:11:04 -0400
My scare was 2 years ago on halloween morning. driving up a dirt road to my
part time job a doe ran right in front of my spitfire from left to right
about 8- 10 feet in front of me. When I saw her I slowed down drastically.
She made it to the fence on my right but instead of jumping she turned
around and came back at me. I was only going about 5 Mph at the time I hit
her .She jumped up on my bonnet at my right headlight and slid across and
off the left side at the windshield right in front of me. she made it to the
ground and got up ok and started running again heading into the woods. She
then did a u turn at about 4 feet from my car and came back at me. At the
time I had my soft top on and my window down and with my luck so far
expected her to come inside. She jumped on the boot and brushed the rear of
the top as she got on top. She made it about 3/4 the way across and fell
off. needless to say I was shook up and pulled off the side of the road and
stopped. I got out and checked out the car outand found not even a scratch
just a fiew scuff marks from her hoves. I then looked back at the deer
expecting it to run off just stuned. No such luck, she broke her neck in the
last fall. On the good side there was no other damage to her at all and
cleaned up nicely. The venicin didn't go to waste.

Tod Jones
Harrisonburg VA.
67 Spit Mk II