First real drive

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: First real drive
From: WRROOPE@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 20:03:02 EDT
Just wanted to let you all know that another spit is on the road again. This
spit, I bought from my daughter, had been sitting for 4-8 years( looking at
the receipts for various parts). I took it out for it's first drive yesterday
and found out that brakes are a necessity. Replaced a couple of rusted brake
lines and tried it again today. This thing runs great except for a couple of
problems. First the od doesn't work, nor does the speedometer. Going to check
all this before I put the stereo in(see speaker installation Question). It
has a shimmy that seems to be coming from the left front. And the only other
thing right now is that I can't seem to get the idle to come down without
pulling the pedal up. I put another spring on the carb but still have this
problem. Other than that it runs great and I had no complaints about not
having a radio from my 11 year old. He enjoyed our ride. Thanks again to all
on this list for all their help and keep up the good work.

bill r
56&58 MGA
74 Midget
76 Spit