Re: Car-o-Scope (pointless fun)

To: mwk_gjco@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Car-o-Scope (pointless fun)
From: heavensbats@netscape.net
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:59:03 -0500
I have also heard that GL5 is corrosive to the brass synchro
rings.  I ran GL5 in a newly rebuilt Audi transmission for
about a week and saw brass in the grease when I drained it
to replace it with Redline GL4 so there is probably some truth to
this.  I have used synthetic in my GT6 with D type overdrive
with no problem, but I switched back to regular grease to be
on the safe side.

I'm pretty sure the pump in the overdrive unit runs off the
tail shaft so there probably isn't sufficient pressure to
keep it firmly engaged at low speeds, regardless of engine RPM.
Dave