Re: steering knuckle joint

To: goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: steering knuckle joint
From: Donald H Locker <dhl@chelseamsl.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 23:35:23 -0500 (EST)
Hi.  Can I have an idea?  Insert a smooth rod with the same OD as the
clamp bolt through the knuckle from the opposite side that you are
planning to insert the bolt.  When this is done, use the bolt to push
the rod out -- the rod should maintain the alignment and preserve the
bolt's threads.  And, of course, if the rod won't go, you know the
bolt won't either.

HTH
Donald.

> Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 04:37:10 -0800 (PST)
> From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
>
> the knuckle joint is the the bit that the column and the rack splines
> attach to.  There are two bolts to clamp the knuckle tight on the rack
> and the column.  The bolt can get through the first part of the knuckle
> joint, past the splines cutaway but gets stuck trying to get into the
> second part of the knuckle joint.
> cheers
> John
> --- "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@NTC-Europe.co.uk> wrote: